Tuesday, April 27, 2010

--HEARTLESS--

Never had I been there before,
Nor did I see any of them.
It was a land, I loved to abhor,
That seemed like in mayhem.

Home looked so fresh and green,
From this land, so dry and barren.
Everyone looked so mean and unclean,
As I walked towards the bus station.

I was tired,
I felt heavy,
I was thirsty,
I was hungry,
I was sweating,
But I kept walking.

Then I saw a woman in the corner
Who called me "Oh Brother!"

She looked tired,
She was alone,
She was dirty,
She was ugly,
She was shivering
And she started crying.

With a disgust, I asked "what?"
As I tried to guage her.
She said "Help me, I am lost"
Yes, her eyes were sincere.

For a moment, I wanted to help her,
At another, I didnt believe her.
I felt she was just another loser,
And tried to walk faster.

I walked away as she cried,
"I am alone and lost, please help me"
Away from her, my eyes turned,
And her tears failed to hold me.

I crossed the road against the dusty wind.
But her wet eyes were still in my mind.

What if those tears were real?
What if she was right?
What if, to her, I was just being cruel?
what if she was really lost?

Anxiously, I looked behind,
To find her nowhere around.

I felt ashamed,
I felt cruel,
I was heartless,
I was bitter,
I was mean,
I kept thinking
Bus started moving,
And I couldn't do a thing...

No comments: