Monday, May 24, 2010

---SUMMIT---

Looking from afar,
I admired your beauty.
Amazed by your saintly looks,
I wanted to be closer to you.


Like a painting
You stood there, all along.
You the lonely witness,
To the crimes of time.


I stand at your feet today,
Humbled by your height.
Eager to reach your summit.
A journey to your crest.


Not so easy I realized,
The path to your top.
Full of valleys and stones,
But I am not here to stop.


Step over a step,
I feel heavier.
With every step,
Your crown looks closer.
Yet, so far.


Long way from the bottom.
At last, I am on top!
Gazing at the horizon,
I forget to blink!
Feeling the breeze,
I forget to breathe!
Touching the clouds,
I forget if I was really tired!
Closing my eyes, taking a deep breath,
I stretch my arms, to embrace you!

2 comments:

Rachana said...

beautiful poem! there is an award waiting for you at my blog!

Unknown said...

"....
you lonely witness
to crimes of time"

excellent!